This Co-Worker Family of Ours
(Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time!
Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It —
And which One Does Not?)
Regardless of whether you are a man or a woman, if you are part of our Co-Worker Family in any form, and to any degree, the following is some of what you need to commit yourself to, and you need to do so fully, totally and without any reservation whatsoever.
So, here goes – at least some of it:
- Repentance: First, you need to make full and complete Tawubah.
That means empty and cleanse your heart and mind of all issues and problems, and leave your inner space completely and totally occupied by God Almighty and his beloved Messenger, Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam.
You must know that in many cases, this is a lifelong struggle. The important thing is that you must launch, continue and sustain this struggle. Success will come as and when Allah wants to give it to you.
In this regard, it is enough to know that Rasulullah, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, used to repent 70-100 times a day. And this was a man whose life was purer than Zamzam water.
So, you figure out how hard you need to work on yourself. And how many times a day you have to check and correct your thought and behavior – and repent.
- Loyalty to God Almighty: Next, you need to pledge total and unreserved loyalty to God Almighty, to God’s Messenger Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, to Qur’an, to Islam, to Muslims, to the entire human family, to the entire creation of Almighty Allah in all forms and manifestations, and to the Family of Coworkers and their Leadership – always keeping in mind that the question of obeying a human being does not arise when it involves disobeying God.
- Commitment to Work: That means you will dedicate yourself totally and completely to Working for Allah, which in practice comes down to working with all your energy and with all your resources, and every moment of your life, to Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It – And Which One Does Not?
You will realize that it is the reason for which God created us in the first place. And that is also how he conferred upon us the title of Khair Ummah – Best People.
- Life’s Responsibilities: At the same time, you will also realize that your career, your business, your family, your education, your civic duties and responsibilities, and your care and concern for your neighborhoods, societies and workplaces, are all critical elements of Working for Allah, for they are all clearly mandated to be so by God Almighty and his Messenger, Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam.
- Conduct and Character: You will make a pledge of total and unreserved integrity, transparency and accountability in all matters of trust, and in everything you do, not the least in all financial and organizational dealings and responsibilities.
You will realize that one of the biggest challenges Muslims of this generation are facing is their character, which in reality is the practical manifestation and the very essence of their Aqeedah and their Amal.
- Living Your Life: You will live your life and you will conduct your affairs with “Charity Toward All and Malice Toward None.”
- Love, Not Hate: Regardless of how the world treats you, the guiding principle of your life will be Love, not Hate.
- Straight Talk: At the same time, following the mandate of the Qur’an, you will speak straight and support truth and justice.
- No One But God: You will fully understand and accept that no matter what happens where and to whom, and whether it is good or bad, it is all from God, and only God can and will change things, when and as he pleases.
- No One But You: But at the same time, you will realize that while everyone in this world is part of Working for Allah, and while the Muslim Ummah as a whole is charged by God with doing its duty as Khair Ummah, and while the Co-Workers as a group are pledged to Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It – And Which One Does Not? it is you and no one but you, whose responsibility it is, now and forever, to change the world in which you live – to change it for the better for everyone and everything in this world, Muslim and non-Muslim, human and non-human.
It is for this that Co-Workers came into being. And it is for this that they want to live. And it is doing this that they wish to die.