We are people wedded to a certain goal. And that goal is taking the Qur'an to every home and heart that needs it -- and which one does not.
And that requires our being thoroughly trained in several things:
1. Understanding full well what this job is.
2. Clarity on how to carry it out in practice.
3. Learning how to deal with issues and challenges that may arise along the way.
4. Keeping our motives and intentions as pure, as clean and as focused as possible.
5. Living a life overall that is in keeping with the enormity and complexity of the responsibility we have assumed for ourselves.
And that means living a life of deep belief or Iman; persistent worshiping of God in heaven or Ibaadat; and unflagging service to humanity on earth -- Akhlaq, 'Aadaat and Mu'aamalaat.
The question is how do we train ourselves in all this. And where do we find the training manuals?
And the answer is:
A. The Qur'an.
B. The Hadith and the Sunnah.
C. Our writings and audio on www.IslamicSolutions.Com.
D. Whatever good stuff humanity has been able to produce -- over the years, decades and centuries, and across all cultural boundaries.
When we turn our back on these, we do it at our own peril. And that means, in the game of life, we will continue to be square pegs trying to fit into round holes.
And we will continue to be more of a problem than a solution.
Like so many people -- both Muslim and non-Muslim -- seem to be doing.