Knowing and Understanding the Deen of Islam:
A Complete Movement to Build a Better World for All!
(Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time!
Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It —
And which One Does Not?)
Islam is Knowledge and Islam is Understanding. In the language of Qur’an, Islam is Ilm and Islam is Aql, respectively.
Ask the Qur’an and it will tell you:
Fa’alam Annahu Laa Ilaaha Illallah!
“Just know that there is no Lord and Master other than Allah!”
“These things of course are self-evident to people who really understand.”
So, our job is to know and to understand Islam as a complete Deen. That means that this Deen leaves nothing to chance or to guesswork. And it provides guidance and direction to every human being with regard to every single aspect of Life on Earth.
Al-Yawuma Akmaltu Lakum Deenakum.
“On this day, have I completed and perfected your Deen for you.”
That is because this most amazing Deen came directly and exclusively from Allah. And it is not a hodgepodge of human concoction and artifact — like everything else in this world.
That is what the Qur’an says.
And that is also a verifiable empirical reality. That means you can see it with your own eyes.
Innaddeena Indallahil Islam.
A Deen that Allah himself chose for you:
Wa Radeethu Lakumul Islama Deena.
A Deen that Allah himself perfected in every way. And that means there really is nothing worthwhile outside the broad and inclusive fold of this Deen.
And now please pay some serious attention to the following items:
(1) And that means — pay attention to this now — this Deen of Islam is not and never was in need of “Reformation” — like Christianity was.
Because (A) this Deen is from Allah. And what comes from Allah is analytically and ab initio sound and solid and perfect and complete.
And (B) because — go check this out item by item — there is not a single thing in this Deen that any of you — all the professors and all the scientists and all the wise people in the world can change to make it “Better.”
And (C) because Christianity was a totally Man-Made System. Its foundation was laid by St. Paul. And its superstructure was created by the Men of the Church. And the law of this world is that what is made by man must be constantly changed and revised and improved and “Reformed” by man.
And (D) because Christian Reformation was actually a partial Islamization of Christianity. Because some of the changes that were made to Christianity at that time brought it closer to Islam in some ways than Christianity had been till that time.
And (E) because Martin Luther himself asked the Christians to do what he saw Muslims do — they called them Turks in those days — and read the book, the Bible that is, rather than blindly follow the Pope.
And (F) because the Christian Reformation — and the broader movement of Renaissance — were the direct results of centuries of Islamic-Muslim Rule in Europe.
And (G), also, because of the protracted interaction the Christian Crusaders had with the Muslim people, culture and civilization in and around the Holy Land.
And (H), if you still don’t get it, then why don’t you try and get this:
1. On the one hand, Islam teaches God is one. God is unlike anything. God has no offspring or ancestors. And God is most forgiving of all sins when you repent.
2. Islam also teaches that Adam and Eve, your parents, when they ate off the Forbidden Tree in Paradise, they made an honest mistake and they owned up to their sin and repented. And God forgave them completely and totally.
3. And Islam teaches that all human children are born pure and innocent. And it is the actions they choose consciously and deliberately after puberty that make them good people or sinners in the eyes of God.
And so on. And so forth.
1. On the other hand, Christianity teaches: God is one of three. They are all different, but they are all the same. And God has begotten a son. Meaning: given birth to a male child. God then killed his only son so his blood will wipe out your sins.
2. Christianity teaches that every human child is born a sinner because Adam ate of the Forbidden Fruit. And that Original Sin travels from parents to child generation after generation until eternity. And the only way for that human child to be clear of that Original Sin is the Blood of Jesus, God’s Only Birth Son. This happens through Baptism.
3. And Christianity also teaches that in Paradise it was the Woman that the Devil chose as his Instrument of Evil to persuade Adam to eat of the Forbidden Fruit. As a result, the Woman is condemned to the perpetual suffering of Childbirth in this world until eternity.
And as a result, every child that is born of Woman inherits that Original Sin, which can only be wiped out through Blood of God’s Birth Son Jesus at Baptism.
So, people, Empirically Speaking, which one of these two systems do you think needs changing?
(I) As for that other question about Modernity and Islam, Islam is Modernity, period. Both analytically and empirically. Partly due to their own folly, ignorance and weakness, and partly due to the nonstop aggression and onslaught of Colonial Forces on Muslim lands, Muslims are unable to emerge out of their slough of backwardness and underdevelopment.
(J) Same is true of Islam and Liberation of Women. To this day, it is Islam that gives women the rights that they could not even dream about until yesterday. It is a different matter that the backward and tribal Muslim societies have trouble getting this, like so many other things in life.
Therefore, let us get this straight: Islam means knowing and understanding the Deen as a Complete and Comprehensive Movement. And that means starting from one thing and going to everything. And starting with one individual and trying to reach out to every other individual on earth.
And that means starting small and simple and working to bring about a total transformation of the entire Human Society to fit the requirements of Allah’s Deen on the one hand, and to meet the needs and rights of all human beings on earth on the other hand.
That is what is our motto and our methodology: the motto and methodology of those who have committed themselves to Work for Allah.
That is: To Take the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It — and Which One Does Not?
And that means starting to fix and correct and improve one simple thing in life and moving on to fixing, improving and rebuilding the whole world.
For everything and everyone in this world. For all the Khalq — creation — of Allah.
That is our only focus on earth and that is our only mission in life. Everything else is an invitation to disaster. And to failure. And it is a marked deviation from the path that Allah himself chose for us.
That is what I have for a long time called Playing Games with the Deen of Allah. And that is a simple but standard trick that Shaitan plays on those who would not actively protect themselves against him. After all, Shaitan does run in our veins like blood.
I don’t know of any Rasul of Allah, Alaihis Salam, in the Qur’an, whose life or whose message or whose activity diverged from this broad and general profile of what the Deen of Islam is in this world.
And from what the real mission and duty of every human being is on this earth.