“In the midst of all the din and confusion that surround the subject of Islam today, here is what Islam really stands for:
- Islam means studying one’s environment in all its dimensions – physical, social, political, economic, cultural and all else – carefully, diligently, responsibly and scientifically.
- Islam then means acquiring as thorough, clear and complete an understanding as possible of one’s environment in all its dimensions.
- Islam thereafter means acquiring all the skills, techniques, technologies and resources – physical, social, cultural, political, intellectual, financial, economic, legal, electronic, other – needed to master one’s environment in all its dimensions.
- Islam then means optimizing the responsible, positive and productive use of the environment, in all its dimensions, as well as the utilization of one’s abilities, skills, expertise and resources, to benefit oneself and, at the same time, to benefit and serve everyone else in the rest of the world without regard to race, religion or geography.
- Over and above all that, Islam means loving and fearing God with the bottom of one’s heart every moment of one’s life in the midst of everything one does – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In the midst of all the din and confusion that surround the topic of Islam these days, that is what Islam really is.
Now you should know why Islam spreads like wild fire every time it gets an opportunity.
Now you must also be able to understand why there is so much hate and hostility against Islam in today’s world.” (Dr. Pasha)