A Perfect Framework for Human Unity
(Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time!
Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It --
And which One Does Not?)
Here is a perfect formula for Human Unity on earth.
Muslims have it. Others don’t.
And yet, right now, Muslims are among the most divided people on earth.
And that is not because the framework is not perfect. But because of all kinds of ways in which Muslims violate both the spirit and the letter of the framework.
Not system failure, as some people would say, but operator error. Pure and simple.
First things first.
First of all, why the word “perfect“? Because, that is the only word that fits the situation.
1. Perfect because it is so. It cannot be improved upon. No matter how you look at it and no matter how much you try.
2. Perfect because it came from God Almighty. Makes sense. If it were not from God, you and I would be able to pick it apart in a matter of minutes.
This is Islam. In the Qur’an. And at the hands of Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam.
Alternatives. Here are two you can consider.
1. Many Gods: perfect framework for disunity.
2. No God: perfect formula for anarchy and confusion and fragmentation.
This is Non-Islam. Everything other than Islam.
And here are some ways in which Islam conferred upon the world the blessings of Unity.
1. Islam gives the world Conceptual or Cognitive Unity. And that Conceptual Unity is so profound and so perfect that the world to this day cannot even fully comprehend it. Nor are today’s Muslims anywhere close to appreciating and enjoying it, leave alone practicing it.
Some day, I will be able to elaborate on it a bit, I hope.
2. And Islam offers the world a perfect approach to Behavioral or Practical Unity. The world, of course, does not fully understand what it is. And as for Muslims, they go about it with such deep indifference as if they never met or experienced it.
Same Namaz, same Wudu, same Kafan, same Dafan, same Hajj, same Tawaaf. From one end of the world to the other. And Muslims act as if all this has nothing to do with them -- and with their lives and with their affairs and issue.
3. Islam also offers the world Psychological or Emotional Unity.
Islam taught the world to love One God and to run to him for redress of all grievances; to read from One Book; to obey One Rasul, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam; to treat All of Humanity as One People; and also, at the same time, look upon the vast and most diverse and variegated Creation of God, whether on land or in air or in water, as One Unified Family of the Creator.
What a safe, secure, all-encompassing and Unified Emotional Power Grid this is! From One God to One Book to One Created Neighborhood.
Add to this some more stuff, such as, for example:
Same One Unifying Supreme Language: Arabic.
And Same Number of Juz or Parts of the Qur’an: 30
And Same Number of Surahs or Chapters of the Qur’an: 114
And Same Divinely Ordained Surah Arrangement with Surah al-Fatihah First and Surah Annaas Last.
And Same Unfailing Aameen at End of Surah Al-Fatihah, Everytime Surah Al-Fatihah is Recited.
And Same Recitation of A-oozu Billah before the Recitation of the Qur’an Commences Anywhere Anytime.
And Same Recitation of Bismillah before the Recitation of Any of the Surahs of the Qur’an, Except Surah At-Tawubah.
No, this stuff is not of human origin or design. And if we did not see it with our own eyes, everyday and everywhere, we would be forced to say: No, This Stuff Is Not Real! It Simply Cannot Be!
It is no better than Arabian Nights, we would say.
And it is no better than the story of Wizard of Oz.
Now, let me force myself to conclude with this. For, I cannot stop.
Just take the way Muslims do their so-called Prayers -- Their Salaat.
See how much Unity of Thought and Action is packed into each and every single aspect of them.
1. Same Number of Fard or Required Prayers.
2. Same or Similar Sunnah or Recommended Prayers
3. Same Parts of Each Individual Unit of Prayer called Rak’ah.
a) Same Qiyam or Standing.
b) Same Qira’at or Qur’an Reading and Recitation.
c) Same Rukoo’ or Bending at the Waist.
d) Same Sujood or Placing Forhead on the Ground.
e) Same Tasbeeh or Chanting of Divine Purification.
f) Same Sitting Posture or Jalsa
g) Same Tashahud or Very Special Tete-a-Tete with God.
h) Same Returning from God Bearing the Gift of Salaam to the Universe.
And then to top all this, consider the following:
One belief system in things like:
d) Day of judgment.
Well, you get the picture!
|Next:||Muslims Cannot Be Error-Free!|
That Is Not How the System Is Designed!
And It May Not Be Good for the World If They Were!
|Previous:||A Father-and-Son Revolution:|
Both in the Bible and in the Qur’an!