Imagine a household.
Imagine a household in which:
- The father works hard to provide for the family;
- The daughter works hard to give herself the best education she can;
- And the mother works hard to keep the entire household running as smoothly as possible.
Imagine such a household.
And then ask yourself: How far can such a household be from Islam?
From that most amazing system of belief and behaviour that God sent down into this world to help human beings live a good life on earth, both as individuals and as groups, collectives and societies.
All you need to do thereafter is throw in some other fundamentals of Islam in this equation such as the ones below and you have built a solid foundation of Islam around such a household:
- Belief in one God;
- Belief in Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, as the last and final messenger of God;
- Belief in the Qur’an as God’s full and final guidance to humanity;
- Belief in all of God’s prophets and messengers and books;
- And belief in the Day of Judgment as a reality and a certainty.
After that, all that remains to be attended to are some practical requirements of daily living such as prayer and fasting and cleanliness and you have got yourself as complete a picture of Islam as you may wish.
Imagine such a household and then ask yourself how far such a household can be from God and from Islam.