If you asked me what is the one thing that may be wrong with Muslims today, my answer would be: “Poverty! Poverty! Poverty!”
And then if you pressed me further, saying, “What else?” I would say: “Education! Education! Education!”
Of course, some people might lump all this and many other similar things under the label of Islam. But that goes without saying. For, Islam is all these things and all other things good.
But the real issue may be: When was it that Muslims last identified questions of poverty, education and lack of political freedoms and human and civil rights as being inseparable parts of Islam?
- Who Will Mind the Terrible Social Condition of Muslims? [Quote - 59]
- Muslims' Abuse of Islamic Culture
- Whither Indian Muslims - Part One
- Using Extra Hajj to Avoid Responsibility to Society? [Quote - 40]
- Don’t Make Islam Your Refuge from Islam [Quote - 44]
- Steering Clear of the Education Question [Quote - 58]
- Poverty Could Be the Mother of All Kinds of Troubles [Quote - 118]
- Four Fly-Infested Children on a Very, Very Special Night Called Lailatul Qad’r [Quote - 148]
- Education Without Character [Quote - 262]
- “Qur’an!” Is The Answer!
- A Time to Pray and A Time to Act
- Using Aqeedah to Tyrannize the Muslim Mind in UK - The Case of Halifax
- Crime in Trinidad - An Instrument of Personal Protection
- Islam Gave the World the Gift of Liberty
- National Qur'an Literacy Camp in the Caribbean: Taking the Qur'an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It!
- Whither Indian Muslims - Part Two
- Whither Indian Muslims - Third and Last Part
- Whither American Muslims?
- Eid Mubarak!
- Choosing Allah
- Fighting Windmills, that Is What Their Enemies Want Muslims to Do [Quote - 10]
- SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 - THE Muslim Story and A strategy for Coping - Part One
- What You Get Out of the Qur’an Is Really Up to You [Quote - 19]
- In Islam, Education Is Worship [Quote - 22]
- How about Learning Some of the Old Ideas First? [Quote - 37]
- Islam Is Islam and Muslims Are Merely People [Quote - 38]
- Freedom also Means Freedom from the Tyranny of Alcohol [Quote - 43]
- Islam and Feudalism Don’t Mix [Quote - 45]
- Superior Human Attributes Are What Lead to Being a Better Muslim [Quote - 51]
- Do Muslims Drive through Life Looking at the Rear View Mirror? [Quote - 53]
- All the Terrible Conditions in Which Muslims Live: Why Isn’t Anyone Upset about Them? [Quote - 55]
- Muslims, Follow Your First Commandment: “READ!” [Quote - 60]
- Past Is Not for Living, Only Present Is [Quote - 65]
- Islam Means Democracy [Quote - 74]
- Greatest Challenge Facing Muslims: How to Be Better Human Beings [Quote - 117]
- Need of the Hour: Education Revolution throughout the Muslim World [Quote - 122]
- Tails You Lose, Heads We Win! How Is That as a Formula for Success? [Quote - 123]
- Societies that Fail to Educate Their Women, Live Only Half-Lives [Quote - 125]
- Advice to Young Muslims on How to Change the World [Quote - 126]
- If Today’s Muslims Are Islam’s Best Friends ... Well, Say No More [Quote - 129]
- Muslims, Muslims Everywhere, But How Much Islam Is There in Real Life? [Quote - 130]
- Some Muslims on Course to Install an Islamic Pope [Quote - 140]
- How Some Muslims Tend to Blame God for Everything [Quote - 146]
- Stop Blaming God for Your Own Shortcomings [Quote - 153]
- Serve God at Least as Well as You Serve Yourself [Quote - 156]
- In Islam, Love of Knowledge Is Love of God [Quote - 163]
- Islam and Muslims: At Times Like Two Ships Moored Side by Side at Port [Quote - 180]
- [Audio] The Message of Surah Wal-Asr
- When Will Muslims Re-Learn Their Forgotten Lesson of Truth Telling? [Quote - 199]
- True Dimensions of Muslim Identity [Quote - 215]
- Education Is the Virtue Islam Came in the World to Promote [Quote - 225]
- Islam and Qur’an Will Continue to Flourish [Quote - 230]
- A Living Fossil [Quote - 231]
- I Too Have A Dream!
- LEADERSHIP: What Is It and How to Deal with It? [Part One]
- Tragedy of Karbala … Then and Now [Quote - 235]
- COPING WITH FEAR AND GRIEF: An Islamic Approach [Part One]
- Making Paradise Right Here on Earth [Quote - 254]
- Smart Muslims [Quote - 257]
- Prayer, Fasting and a Sturdy Ladder to Climb the Roof [Quote - 265]
- Education: The Missing Link of Islam and Muslims [Quote - 318]
- Islam and Muslims Face Insider Threat [Quote - 323]
- Zakat: The Great Big Muslim Con Game
- Islam Is All about Character and Integrity [Quote - 326]
- The Great Human and Muslim Puzzle [Quote - 329]
- Graduating Season
- World of Day of Education
- Pseudo-Sheikhs and the Peril of Professionalizing Islam [Quote - 351]
- A Question about Zakat -- Or Is It Two? [Quote - 409]
- Dr. Pasha to Graduates 2013 [Quote - 432]
- Learn from Islam or Learn from the Best of Corporate Culture [Quote - 461]
- Eid Mubarak! - Eidul Adwhaa 1434/2013
- Here Comes Trouble [Quote - 482]
- A World Day of God Response
- Muslims and the Business of Ramadan
- Real Business of the Muslim People
- Among Fundamental Human Needs: Health and Education
- Killing of Husain: World Day of Repentance
- Whatever Happened to the Jum'ah Khutbah that Allah Gave? And that Allah's Rasul, Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam, Practiced and Delivered to the Muslims? Where Did that Khutbah Go? [Quote - 584]
- To All Those Working for Allah, Eid Greetings – But with a Question!
- A “Muslim” Did It?
But Then What Did the Other Muslims Do?
- "But" and "Ultimately": Strange Ways of MuslimSpeak [Quote - 619]
- Islam Means Education – at All Levels! And that Means Reading!
Who Killed the Jum'ah Khutbah?
- Muslims and the World
- A Theory of Free Literature Distribution:
Muslim Cuteness Has No End! [Quote - 782]
- A “Muslim” Did It?
But Then What Did the Other Muslims Do?
- Pursuing a Couple of Projects All My Life
- A Reaction to a Recent Quote from Dr. Pasha [Quote - 884]
- Commandment Breakers:
Taking Gods Besides God [Quote – 1003]
- Beyond the "Usual Religious Stuff,"
Islam Is about Knowledge and Science [Quote – 1013]
To All My Students Missing Graduating Ceremonies [Quote – 1016]
- Moral Dichotomies, Or Values, Or Moral Guidelines Or
Simply an Academic Moral Compass
- Our Commercialized Education System [Quote – 1029]
- Assignment: Zulm [Quote – 1032]
- Three Languages Every Muslim Must Master:
Arabic, Mathematics, Mother Tongue
- Muslims Can Be Really Funny [Quote – 1049]
- Denial and Deceit:
How Muslims Deceive Muslims [Quote – 1052]
- The True Sunnat Is about Building Individuals, Communities, Nations, Societies, And the Entire World!
- Poor, Poor, Poor Muslims!
Just How Does One Deal with Them?
And How Does One Reach Them?
Or Talk to Them? [Quote – 1100]