(Bringing Islam to the World One Concept at a Time!
Taking the Qur’an to Every Home and Heart that Needs It —
And which One Does Not?)
Everyone is graduating from everywhere. It is that season again.
What a day! You dreamed about it; you worked for it; and now it is here.
I am happy for you. And I am proud of you.
But just before you go, one more lesson.
The world is full of challenges. Go prepared to meet them. And meet them like the men and women you are: wanting to be the best.
It is not a jungle out there, as some people might have told you. The world is a fairly civilized place.
And it is waiting to see how much more civilized you will make it.
Play your best role in society – wherever you are – and the world will become a much more civilized place than you found it.
Here are some ways to achieve that goal:
- Pursue Excellence. Work to be the best you can be – whatever you touch.
- Keep Heart and Mind Clean. All the time, and with regard to everything, keep your heart and mind – and your motives and intentions – as clean and pure as you can possibly make them.
- Do the Right Thing. In most cases, you will know what is right and, also, what is wrong. So, to the extent you can, always try and do the right thing. The rest of the pieces of the puzzle of life will fall in place.
- Tell the Truth. Education is all about the pursuit of truth – reality, the way it is. So, continue to pursue it for the rest of your life. And speak it as best you can; whenever you can; wherever you can.
- Life Is Good. Make it so, not just for yourself, but also for all others.
- Life Is Fun. Make it so, not just for yourself, but also for all others.
Just do these things, and then, some day when we run into each other, tell me you haven’t made this world a tad bit better than you found it.
Or just drop me a note saying you did – especially when you get rich and famous.
Wishing you the best and telling you how proud I am of every one of you – those who did great in my classes; those who acted up in various ways; and those who silently sat and wished you were elsewhere.
© 2012 Syed Husain Pasha
Dr. Pasha is an educator and scholar of exceptional
talent, training and experience. He can be reached at DrSyedPasha [at]
AOL [dot] com or www.IslamicSolutions.com.