Dr. Pasha’s Arabic Language and Cultural Immersion Sessions — Lesson 52
Read Every Word Carefully!
- Read everything posted on www.IslamicSolutions.Com.
- Use Arabic-English Dictionary to figure out meaning of Aayaat.
- Then, after that, use Translations as a Supplementary Source.
- Do not use Commentaries of any kind. First, do what I am asking you to do. Then, a time, Inshallah, will come when you will use Commentaries.
- Do not import your Prior Knowledge into what we are doing now. It will hinder your progress.
- Qur’an and Arabic are two sides of the same Divine Coin. One does not exist without the other.
Arabic Language is taught by Two Kinds of People.
a) One, Western Colonizers of Islam and Muslims. And their purpose is to conquer, dominate and enslave Muslims and steal their Land and plunder their Resources.
b) Two, Muslim Followers of Sayyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam. And their purpose is to Light up the Hearts and Minds of Believers, and the Entire World, with the Light of Allah, which is the Qur’an.
And to return the world to the Rule of Justice and Truth and Human Dignity and Equality that the Qur’an ushered in this world.
Arabic and Qur’an must be studied for that purpose. And the entire life of Muslims must be devoted to achieve that purpose in real life.
For, that is what it means to be a Muslim.
- As a result of who these two groups are, and what they seek, the approaches they use to learning and teaching Arabic Language may also be very different.
- And so may the Texts and References they use.
- Since we, in this group, are totally committed to the Way of Sayyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, Inshallah, trying to incorporate the Arabic of Abu Lahab and Abu Jahl with the Arabic of Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, and Abu Bakr, and Umar, and Khadijah, and Ali, will not work.
- Arabic is part of Noorus Samaawaati Wal-Ardi. And it is learned, not only by the Intellect, but by the Soul.
- And is the Heart the Home of the Soul? I do not know.
Is the Heart where you look for Allah? Ask the Hadith, if it is a Hadith. Someone should check and verify:
Laa Yasa-unis Samaawaatu Wal Ardu.
Wa Laakin Yasa-‘uni Qalbu Abdi Al-Mu’min.
That will be putting my meager Iman on the line. But, it can go something like this:
“While the Heavens and the Earth cannot accommodate me.
The Heart of my Believing Slave can hold me.”
It is, therefore, essential that we bring a Pure and Unblemished Heart to the Study of Arabic Language and the Qur’an:
Illaa Man Atallaha Bi-Qalbin Saleem.
- As an Assignment, study the Aaayaat Sabr.
- And Aaayaat Shahaadah and Qawaamah.
- And Aayaat Shifaa’.
- And Aayaat Kafaalah.
- And Aaayaat Wakaalah.
- And Aayaat Qist and Adl.
- And Aayaat Zulm.
- And Aayaat Meezaan.
- And Aaayat Aabaa’, and Abnaa’, and Azwaaj.
- And Aayaat Jihaad.
- And Aayat Ribaa: Fa’dhanu Bi-Harnin Minallahi wa Rasulihi.
- And Aayaat Nuh, Musa, Shu’aib, Hud, Salih, Alaihim Assalam.
Using the Internet, find the Arabic Text for the Hadith below, and read it without worrying about I’raab:
Khairukum Man Ta’allamal Qur’ana wa Allamahu.
And this Hadith:
Ana Inda Zanni Abdi Bee,
Wa Ana Ma’ahu Idhaa Dhakaranee.
And this Hadith:
Hum Qawumun Laa Yashqaa Jaleesuhum.
- Commit to memory the above three Ahaadith by repeating them aloud as many times as you need to.
- Also study the Aayat La Taqrabuz-Zina.
- And Aayat Khamr.
- And Aayat Wudu.
- You do not See Allah.
- Muhammad, Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, was in Makkah and Madinah over 1400 years ago.
- And the Only Concrete Thing You Have in Your Hands is the Qur’an. And if you let go of it, you have nothing.
- Qur’an is the Rope of Allah that binds you to him.
- Study the Aayat Hablullah.
- Muslims have abandoned the Qur’an. And now they are without a Rope that Binds them to Allah.
- Purpose of Studying Arabic Language is to Return Muslims and the World to the Rule of the Qur’an.