Dr. Pasha’s Arabic Language and Cultural Immersion Sessions — Lesson 32
Assignment: Aayaat Karimah
Eyeball! Eyeball! Eyeball!
Read Aloud! Recite Aloud!
Each and Every Word of Every Aayat!
Avoid Transliteration Like the Plague It Is!
- All assignments should be read and studied carefully, word by word, letter by letter.
- If you believe Qur’an is from Allah, and Arabic is Allah’s Language — Ghayib: That which is hidden from the Eye —for, it surely is the Language of the Qur’an — Shahaadah: That which can be perceived by the Senses — then, what you are doing is Ibadat, provided of course your Motivation — Niyyat — is pure.
- But if you do not work to make your Niyyat purely for Allah, then the same work, the same Assignment — the same Ibaadat — could become people’s pathway to Hell.
Read, recite aloud following Aayaat — plural for Aayah — word by word, and Identify following:
a) All Nouns.
b) All Verbs.
c) All Pronouns.
d) All Other “Words” or Kalimaat and Alfaaz that you easily can.
Then, for each Noun and Verb and Pronoun, tell me if it is:
a) Singular or Plural. If Singular, find Plural. If Plural, find Singular.
b) Masculine or Feminine. If Masculine, find Feminine. If Feminine find Masculine.
c) If Verb, see Past or Present. If Past, find Present. If Present, find Past.
d) If Noun of some kind — like Muslim or Mu’min — find Verb for that noun.
(B) Al-Aaayaat Al-Karimah
- Surah Tahrim, Aayat 5 — 66:5.
- Surah al-Ahzaab, Aayat 35 — 33:35.
- Surah Al-Ikhlas.
- Surah Al-Kawuthar.
- Surah Al-Feel.