24 July 2020
[Dr. Pasha’s Arabic Language and Cultural Immersion Sessions]
From Dr. Pasha:
Please see below.
People: please read every word.
(1) What time after Jumah is convenient for you? I am ok with anything after 2pm Insha Allah. Please let me know.
(2) Wrt motivation, this has always been to do Allah’s work as it were and just about everything that I do or want to do these days are generally motivated by this.
- being able to read the Qur’an and having a sense of the meaning without going through a translator
- to be able to read the Hadith and understand the words and meaning
- to read and understand original Arabic literature
- and to take all of that and reach out to people
**, I hope I am somewhere there within light years of you.
Anything else is Kufr and Shirk at extreme levels.
Conversation was never really part of the intent - I was always happy with English. But I saw how deficient translations are and how much richer was the understanding when you understood the language as it were. In recent times though I saw a need for me to look at other languages as we try to reach people of varying languages around the world. So Spanish, French and Urdu have also been on the list.
As to what I do with it, I am not sure - except that I hope it’ll help me have a closer and more meaningful relationship with the Qur’an and Hadith and that I would be able to use that in taking the Qur’an to every home and heart that needs it.
I am attaching a copy of a Mu’jam that I downloaded - I gather there are others available. If you give me some names I can try and see how we can access them. Same for other resources - please let me know and I will work on it Insha Allah. Just a side note we still didn’t get the laptop as I was awaiting feedback from you on the options I had sent. Please let me know.
Remember, intentions drive actions. That maybe one meaning of Hadith Sharif. Innamal A'maal...
And once the intention part of is addressed, things happen -- in 5, 10, 15, ..., 50 years
who knows how this will end.