STILL WORKING FOR ALLAH in the West: Theory and Methodology
Published by: Dr. Pasha's Centre for Culture and Community Service, Trinidad, W.I. and Read the Qur'an Campaign Committee, Trinidad, W.I.
First published 2003 Reprinted 2010
© 2003 Syed Husain Pasha
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without prior written permission from Dr. Pasha.
E-mail: DrSyedPasha [at] AOL [dot] com or www.IslamicSolutions.com
- Contents Page
- APPENDIX: An Extended Syllabus and Some Areas of Focus
- [Chapter 1] Disclaimers
- [Chapter 2] Preparation
- [Chapter 3] How to Get the Most out of this Book
- [Chapter 4] Copyright, Ijazah, Idhin and Uses of this Material
- [Chapter 5] A Word on Style, Grammar, Spelling, References and Such other things
- [Chapter 6] Some Early and Quick Answers - Really?
- [Chapter 7] A Note to the Reader - Another One and the Need for Literature
- [Chapter 8] A Note on Qualifications and Introductions
- [Chapter 9] A Bit of Cheerleading and Calling the Game
- [Chapter 10] Talking about Standards
- [Chapter 11] Still Working for Allah: Some Basic Questions and Answers
- [Chapter 12] Goals, Aims and Objectives for a Course on Working for Allah
- [Chapter 13] An Earlier Commitment
- [Chapter 14] Ikhlas and Taubah
- [Chapter 15] Taqwa, Ihsan and Itqan
- [Chapter 16] Sabr
- [Chapter 17] Dhikr and Du'a
- [Chapter 18] Tazkiyah-i-Baatin: Some Positive and Negative Qualities
- [Chapter 19] Why Are the Muslims the Way they Are?
- [Chapter 20] Huququllah Vs. Huququl 'Ibad
- [Chapter 21] An Indispensable Human Threshold
- [Chapter 22] Interpersonal Relations: A Question of Character - Makarim Akhlaq
- [Chapter 23] A Thing Called Nafs
- [Chapter 24] Mutations of Nafs: Tribal Tentacles
- [Chapter 25] Still Working for Allah?
- [Chapter 26] Working for Allah: The Long and Short of the Story
- [Chapter 27] The Western Wing of the Muslim Ummah
- [Chapter 28] Beyond Time and Space
- [Chapter 29] Allah's Slaves - Whether You Like it or Not
- [Chapter 30] A Note on Leadership
- [Chapter 31] A Note on Success and Failure
- [Chapter 32] The Bible: A Panorama of Success and Failure in Early Islam
- [Chapter 33] Are Elections Haram?
- [Chapter 34] Excuse Me, But We Are the West!
- [Chapter 35] Some Frank Questions and the Shadow of September 11th
- [Chapter 36] The Need for New Thinking
- [Chapter 37] Working for Allah in the West: Its Nature and Implications - Continuity and Change
- [Chapter 38] Working for Allah in the West: Its Nature and Implications - The Nature of the West
- [Chapter 39] Why Theory?
- [Chapter 40] Darul What, Muslims?
- [Chapter 41] Working for Allah: Building a Better World
- [Chapter 42] A Model of Citizen Participation
- [Chapter 43] Building a Better World: This is How the Muslims Do it
- [Chapter 44] Still Working for Allah - Grace from Above and a Promise of Help from Allah
- [Chapter 45] Putting our Money where our Iman is
- [Chapter 46] One Final Word