In the name of God, the Most Loving and Merciful!
People Cooperating for a Common Culture!
World Day of
Friday, August 26, 2011/Ramadan 26, 1432
BUILDING BRIDGES ACROSS CULTURES AND COMMUNITIES!
LAYING THE FOUNDATIONS OF PEACE IN THE WORLD!
MARCHING TO A NEW ALLIANCE OF FAITHS AND CIVILIZATIONS!
DR. PASHA CALLS FOR A WORLD DAY OF FASTING!
As you know, four years ago Dr. Pasha issued a call to the whole world to observe the WORLD DAY OF FASTING. We invite you to heed Dr. Pasha’s call and help us make it a truly world wide event. In this regard, we suggest you observe the WORLD DAY OF FASTING in your community on August 26th 2011.
“Come, let us join hands and see what we have in common,” says the Qur’an.
Read-the-Qur’an Committee & Dr. Pasha’s Center for Culture & Community Service invite the world’s 5,000,000,000 plus non-Muslim men and women of all faiths, nationalities, cultures and races to join their 1,500,000,000 Muslim brothers and sisters around the world in a World Day of Fasting on Friday, August 26, 2011/Ramadan 26, 1432.
Here is how:
- Wake up a couple of hours before sunrise.
- Bathe, shower or wash up.
- Have a hearty breakfast. Stop eating at least an hour before sunrise.
- Make the intention to fast and that you were doing it purely for God and for no one else.
- Eat and drink nothing the entire day – till you break your fast at sunset.
- But if you feel ill or overly weak in any way, break the fast immediately.
- Watch your blood pressure and other vital signs as you need to. For, Islam is all about being safe and healthy.
- Stay away from all things you know to be bad.
- Try to do whatever you believe to be good.
- Be extra nice, sweet, loving, generous, kind and compassionate to your family.
- And to your friends and neighbors.
- And to everyone else whether you know them or not.
- Stay away from alcohol the whole day.
- Stay away from smoking the whole day.
- Stay away from sex with your spouse (I am saying spouse because sex outside marriage is an absolute no-no in Islam) during the fast – from before dawn to sunset. After sunset, you can be intimate with your wife or husband again.
- Promptly at sunset break the fast, preferably by eating one or three or five dates. But if you don’t have dates, just drink some water and give some time before you launch full-force into the feast on the table.
- Worship God Almighty for about 30 minutes – don’t think of anyone or anything, but only and purely of God Almighty, the one and only.
- Have a light supper. Eat and drink in moderation. Do so always, for, it is good for you. And moderation is what Islam is all about.
- Pray to God Almighty to bless you and your family and friends.
- And your neighborhood, community, society and the whole world.
Let us all come together to celebrate World Day of Fasting 2011! Ramadan 1432!
Let us create a new common culture of peace, love and hope for humanity!
[End of Flyer]
More about: World Day of Fasting:
|Next:||Faiths of the World Unite! |
Dr. Pasha Issues Call for Joint Celebration of World Day of Fasting 2012/Ramadan 1433
|Previous:||Faiths of the World Unite! Dr. Pasha Issues Call for Joint Celebration of World Day of Fasting 2010/Ramadan 1431|