It Is Now or Never:
Voice Your Support for Democracy in Egypt
Syed Husain Pasha
Stand Up and Be Counted
For anyone that is familiar with what is going on in the world, it is now or never.
That is why, regardless of who or where you are, you must answer this question: Are you a lover of democracy and freedom or are you a friend of tyranny, dictatorship and corruption?
For, if your soul has to any degree been touched by the love of freedom and democracy, here is your chance to prove it. Stand up and voice your support for the People of Egypt in their historic fight for freedom and democracy.
Voice your support for Dr. Muhammad Morsi for President of Egypt.
Send us an e-mail adding your name to this on-line statement of support for Dr. Morsi for President of Egypt and we will display it on www.Islamicsolutions.com.
You may have missed out on the great American and French revolutions. The great American-French Revolutionary Thomas Paine was the only human being in history who was fortunate to have played a key role in both.
You may not have been around when, in 1947, Gandhi’s nonviolent revolution sent the British Empire packing from India.
But by signing this online petition, you will have placed your name on the record of indelible human history as a supporter of the great Egyptian Revolution, whose sheer peacefulness stunned the world in January 25, 2011.
Times that Try Men’s Souls
“These are the times that try men’s souls,” declared that great American patriot and democrat, Paine.
And we the undersigned, global human patriots and democrats all of us, echo the sentiments expressed by Paine and say: What Egypt has endured for the past 100 years in the form of one brutal tyranny and dictatorship after another will try any man’s soul anywhere.
And any woman’s soul.
And those that stand by the long-suffering Egyptian people at this hour in their historic fight for freedom and democracy, deserve, in the words of Paine, “the love and thanks of man and woman.”
“Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered,” said Paine, and how well the world knows that fact when it comes to Egypt’s monumental struggle to break the hold of 100-year tyranny on its life.
Paine then goes on to “call not upon a few, but upon all: not on this state or that state, but on every state: up and help us; lay your shoulders to the wheel.”
A Call to the Whole World to Support Morsi
Following Paine, we the undersigned call on the people of the whole world to lay their shoulders to the wheel and add their voice of support to the Great Egyptian People’s fight for freedom.
The impending presidential elections in Egypt on May 23 & 24, 2012, demand that men of goodwill everywhere stand up and be counted and let it be known whether they are on the side of democracy and freedom or on the side of tyranny and injustice.
We call on the whole world to support Dr. Morsi for President of Egypt.
Here Are Some Reasons Why
We the undersigned strongly support the candidacy of Dr. Muhammad Morsi for President of Egypt in the forthcoming presidential elections.
Even though we are not Egyptian nationals, and do not have voting rights in Egypt, we still voice our very strong support for Dr. Morsi for President of Egypt for the following reasons:
- We consider supporting the Egyptian People at this hour of their need to be one of the greatest and most urgent and pressing humanitarian causes of the day. It is a call that our conscience simply cannot ignore.
- We expect our support of the Egyptian People at this time will have a further moderating influence on this campaign and on the future attitude of the Egyptian People and Government toward our own countries and people and be an added force for peace in the Middle East.
- We expect our support of the campaign of Dr. Morsi at this time will result in making the new administration in Egypt more open to working with our own respective democratic governments.
- Dr. Morsi seems to have the best and strongest qualifications of all candidates currently running for President in Egypt.
- Dr. Morsi is an outstanding academic and an accomplished parliamentarian.
- Dr. Morsi demonstrated superior political skills by leading his party, the Justice and Freedom Party, to a parliamentary majority in the recent free and fair national elections in Egypt.
- Dr. Morsi is very clearly a pious and God-fearing man, who has memorized the Qur’an, along with his wife and five of his children. He is Dalai Lama, Bishop Tutu and the Pope rolled into one.
- Dr. Morsi stands clearly and firmly for equal rights for women as well as Coptic Christians and other religious minorities.
More Reasons Why Morsi Must Be President of Egypt
- Dr. Morsi is totally untainted by any allegations of personal corruption in a place where those holding or aspiring for power have been associated with all manner of corruption for decades.
- Dr. Morsi, astounding as this seems, did not advance his own candidacy for President, but was drafted to run for the job, thus fulfilling a Noble Hadith that in effect says that we should not hand over power to those who seek it, and instead we should support those whom the People support.
A Complete Blueprint for a New Egypt
- Dr. Morsi has put forward a Master Plan for the revival of Egyptian society and rebuilding of Egyptian economy and institutions that seems to be most comprehensive and innovative and prepared with careful analysis and input from thousands of experts and specialists.
Dr. Morsi endured a great deal of severe persecution by the Military Dictatorship of Mubarak including several years of imprisonment and yet emerged from it all without a trace of hate or bitterness, pretty much like Mandela of South Africa did after 23 years of hard labor under the Apartheid South African regime.
Jump to Article:
[Quote – 103]